Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Breakin' the law, breakin' the law

It's Guest Blogger Time Kiddies! Mary, Qacei, Donna and Story are in Seattle for the Killers concert tonight, so Gianni, who had to stay behind to mind the store(s), gets to post today's

TALES FROM THE CAFE.

(cue ominous music, lightning flash, etc.)

I get a call around 1 this afternoon from faithful employee Casey (who is leaving for Hawaii in 2 weeks to do a stint with the WWOOF program). She asks me if I have some of the change bags that we keep at the shop. I say, "Ahh, no," and she tells me that 3 bags are missing from our secret hiding location. I drive to the shop, do some quick sleuthing, and find this footage on my handy-dandy web cam:


video


At 11:15 this morning the above slob brazenly comes in our back door and goes right into my office where he grabs 3 of our change bags containing about 500 smackeroos. Notice how he opens and closes the wrong drawer 3 times. What the hell is that about? It's almost as if he expected the dough to be in that drawer and he could not believe it wasn't there. Only then does he think to go for the bottom drawer. Is it an inside job? He knew exactly what side of the desk to look in, leading to the supposition that a former employee could be in cahoots. We may never find the guy (though I gave the police a list of ex-employees, some disgruntled, others merely gruntled), but his ugly gym shorts and white cap are now preserved on YouTube.

Parenthetically, Killer's fans are called Victims. So, does that make this crime ironic or is it merely literal? Or is this just one more day on the mobius treadmill of life where all events are both coincidental and intended at the same time?

Methinks it's time for a libation: Help me martini, you're my only hope.


















8 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Please send martini asap.

Ronnie said...

Well, sh*t. Mean people just suck.

I hope your buckaroos bring that guy nothing but trouble.

mesmith said...

Dick Wad appears to be spooked a number of times, thus the closing of the drawers repeatedly? Strangely tidy though.
That's really crappy. I'll have a double martini tonight in your honor.

Ren said...

I agree...mean people suck. Hope they catch him and get your money back. Grrrrrr....

Court said...

Ugh, that's so creepy. He had to know where it was for it to take him only 20 seconds to find it.
We got a notice from our apartment manager about a rash of car break-ins in the complex. the other day i went outside and the car parked next to mine had the side window smashed in.

Carolyn said...

wow...that looks like it needs a (bad) rap song to go with it...freaky! Hope the martini helped...and that el-sucko tripped on his shoe laces on the way out. #*@$&*-head.

Linda said...

Awful thing is, the harm done is more than just a bag of money. So sorry. On the other hand, be glad to not be that person. That's a pretty unhappy path to be on.

emily jane sherlock said...

I can't belive some douchebag robbed us. I really really hope karma comes into play soon. That video makes me even more angry. Grrr...