Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Who's Afraid of the big Bad Elf?

It's time for a recycled blog post. All the cool kids are doing it and it's good for the environment. Somehow. I'm sure. Maybe not. But I'm going for it anyway . This is one of my personal favorites and it's kind of a seasonal PSA so it needs to be rerun each year anyway.

The following was originally posted in December, 2007.

C'mon admit it. There's a dark side to Christmas that no one likes to talk about. It's the proverbial 300 pound elf in the living room. We all know it's there. We don't acknowledge it for fear of reprisal.




Maybe it's a collective case of pogonophobia ( a fear of beards) combined with cathisophobia (a fear of sitting) and ereuthophobia (a fear of red). Or maybe it's a generalized androphobia (a fear of men). But I doubt it.

The kids know the score. Why don't the supposed adults get it?





gif animation

Dude, Santa's a stalker.

4 comments:

kat said...

that last guy looks totally lit! it is way creepy to stick our kids on a stranger's lap and have them whisper to him. great post mary! is that qacei in the first picture?

kelli said...

we love that post! We were just talking about this, all my kids have felt that way about those Santas.. creeps them out.

Zenmomma said...

>>is that qacei in the first picture?>>

It's not Qacei but I guess it does kind of look like her. I do have one picture of her sitting on MY lap sitting on Santa's lap. And yes, she's still screaming and crying. That visit lasted the one second it took to snap the photo. I can't find it though. Hopefully it will turn up.

Danielle said...

Love the Owl.

My kid did great with Santa. The kids in front of us and behind us, not so much.