Friday, September 12, 2008

Baracking the Vote

Qacei and I did our first volunteer hours for the Barack Obama campaign today. We hit downtown Corvallis this afternoon to register voters. Apparently we were Barack-stars because we registered quite a few people in a relatively short amount of time. (I didn't even want to tell the volunteer coordinator how much of that time we actually wasted spent at Sunnyside Up getting lunch and cold drinks. Hey it was HOT out today!)

I figure it was my pushy nature winning personality that encouraged people to take the time to fill out the voter registration cards. That and Qacei's pink mohawk. Who can say no to a pink mohawk? Qacei was amazed that I would ask just about anyone. But I figure if I don't ask, they can't say yes.


Tomorrow we're going to work the Oregon State football game. Lots of unregistered students for sure. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Delurking. FYI, Our future president, Mr. Obama, will be on SNL tomorrow night. Tina Fey is in talks to play Ms.Palin. (Did you see how I said Ms. instead of Mrs.? Don't you think that would make her mad?)

Carolyn said...

You go Obama-Mama! Push away, I say!

Love ya, Carolyn

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

We saw a running shirt the other day: OBAMA The Kenyan Advantage. My son had to explain it to me ...

Robin B. said...

Wish I could vote! You know who I'd choose....

On the other hand, a federal election I *can* vote in has been called in Canada. We were given about 6 weeks notice! I'd better get busy learning about the candidates LOL