Monday, July 07, 2008

The Weekend Report


We spent a glorious 4th with 3/4 of the krewe of the Zombie Princess. We pretty much invited ourselves up there and crashed Ronnie's family party. In spite of that, we were given the royal treatment. It was a beautiful setting right on the water. What an amazing way to spend the day.

Have I mentioned how much I love these people?

There was a parade...


...with pirates!


And did I mention the fireworks?


These people take their pyrotechnics VERY seriously. There was much screaming and running for cover and dodging of flaming embers. Ah, good times.


We ate, we drank, we laughed, we blew stuff up.


Yes that's a brownie. They also obliterated a dead fish, an origami crane, a piece of birthday cake, plus assorted cans and bottles - but NO fingers or faces. YAY!


We were together.


We were ourselves.


And a good time was had by all in spite of the absence of the beloved Cap'n Franko, a broken water heater, free flying explosives and a twisted up pretzel-neck. (Qacei's. She's doing better. She says "vicodin rocks!")

We're back home for a couple of days and then it's back up north (IF Canada will let us in) for a week of unschooling community by the lake.

Life is good indeed.

7 comments:

mesmith said...

nice shirt zenma!

Ronnie said...

It was great having you guys! You are hereby invited to invite yourselves up any time! :-)

And, before the bottle of rum appears, I'll add one more "I'm sorry for the water-heater fiasco!"

Peggy Sez.. said...

The Adventures Of Zenmomma continue! YEA!

Linda said...

So much fun! I am feeling very sad we won't be able to join you in Canada but I trust you will report on it in much detail so that I will be able to live vicariously through your blog!

Professor J said...

What a great looking family!

annenahm said...

Looks like so much fun!

Frank said...

I am so sorry I missed out on the socializing but I don't mind that I missed the water heater effort. Of course, I was installing Pergo flooring, not the most fun I ever had with my clothes on.

I have had shrimp poboys and oyster poboys and bacon-wrapped shrimp and boiled crabs and sauteed white trout in crab sauce and... Well, I'm sure y'all had lots of food with your fun.

I'll be back in time for Canada if they let ME in. That's a courtesy Disney denied me once in the 60s.