Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #16 - All Things Bacon


For some reason, bacon has been a hot topic around our house lately. And even though a full one quarter of our household is vegetarian, there has been bacon poetry in the street...

... with a promise of more to come. In fact, there has been talk of a full-scale bacon art & poetry show at the cafe. (Anyone out there care to contribute?) I'm sure the bacon flow-chart, haiku and epic poem helped to jump-start the bacon mania. But it has truly taken on a life of its own at this point. So I'll just go with the flow and present my list of...

All (meaning 13) Things Bacon

1. Iheartbacon.com. Yup, there's a blog for that. But we should have know that already, right? They've got an icon if you want to link.


2. Feeling adventurous? How about whipping up your own batch of chocolate covered bacon? Mmmmm...
GAG Good. You can find some detailed instructions here.


3.
Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626) - Statesman, essayist, historian, intellectual reformer, philosopher, and champion of modern science. Not as yummy on a BLT as say Apple Smoked Bacon, but probably not as fattening either.


4.
A bacon inquiry. More information on porcine lactation than you probably ever wanted to know. Funny in a painful/I-feel-so-sorry-for-the-guy-who-had-to-answer-this-letter kind of way.



5. Bacon Salt, because "everything should taste like bacon."


6. Oh yeah, it's
time for bacon!
7. St. Anthony, the patron saint of bacon.

8. A bacon briefcase?!!




9.
The Oracle of Bacon. Can you stump the oracle? It's Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon and it's not as easy as it sounds. I tried. Even Fred Astaire is only two degrees away.


10. Sorry girls.


11. A bacon dispenser. Ask and ye shall receive.


12.
Uncle Oinker's Bacon Mints


13. A Beggin', Lettuce and Tomato sandwich, made with real Beggin' Strips. "Dogs don't know they're not bacon," but people should. Check out
Steve, Don't Eat It! for the hilarious results.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!

27 comments:

xakara said...

More things about bacon than I could have imagined learning this early in the morning. *Grin*

Happy TT :)

~X

Brenda ND said...

My husband would love your TT! He is quite the bacon fan.

mommybytes.com said...

Awesome, ranges the gamut from delicious to gross!! Chocolate covered bacon? Not sure about that. The bacon briefacase? No thanks, but let that BLT come on down! Thanks for visiting.

Lady Rose said...

LOL I saw bacon bandaides the other day on ebay :)

Happy TT my list is up

Joyismygoal said...

I love 10 and 11 but A bacon briefcase?!!that is nasty gross and creepy:> and chocolat ?? But i do remember bacon salt:>

Dane Bramage said...

There is nothing in the world that can't be improved with bacon! Nothing! And thats all I'll say aboout that.

Thanks for visiting my T13 13 More Answers to the 100 Questions Meme

Professor J said...

I'm feeling a little queasy now.

Mrs. G. said...

I must have that bacon briefcase...to carry all my bacon products. I love bacon.

The Land of Rozz said...

#13 is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!

MichaelTAdams said...

I love bacon. Like, a lot. Seriously. I need bacon in my life every day.

I have my TT up, but I can't get to the TT site to post anything. But I trust you'll be looking anyway.

Thanks!

Misty said...

um... Chocolate covered bacon? Bacon Brief cases? Bacon mints? This has gone too far... GROSS GROSS GROSS

imadramamama said...

Oh my gosh, LOL! I can just hear that dog's voice..."BACON!!"

MichaelTAdams said...

Chocolate covered bacon "sounds" gross, but I bet it's delicious, especially with dark chocolate.

Also 11 is very good, but on the order of 9, you do realize that both Kelly and myself have a Bacon number of 3 right? Yes. 3.

I also saw a bacon scarf, with was not real bacon worn as a scarf but a scarf that looked like a huge uncooked strip of bacon. Made me hungry.

Zenmomma said...

>>you do realize that both Kelly and myself have a Bacon number of 3 right? Yes. 3.>>

See I knew you guys were cool. Way cool. Do tell the story somewhere. I must know.

The Mama Bear said...

I think I will take Kevin Bacon please.

Nicole said...

Ok a few of those had me crackin' up and a few had me thinking...ewwww.

We had bacon for breakfast - glad I didn't read that then. ;)

Great TT!!

Nicholas said...

I love bacon! I read that more vegetarians fall off the wagon over bacon than anything else. And who can blame them?

Heather said...

omg, I've gotta show my son, he *loves* bacon!

Nap Warden said...

Very clever post!

mesmith said...

Thanks to you, bacon has been on my mind a lot lately. The other day I noticed someone warming her bacon in the office microwave (not something I have ever seen before!) so of course I had to say "mmmmmm bacon... yum". She just gave me that look that said "please leave me alone pseudo co-worker who normally does not raise an eye let alone talk to me".

Open Grove Claudia said...

oh bacon.... I love bacon. Our dog loves bacon. My husband loves bacon. But bacon doesn't love me. Sigh. We have it every once and a while as a treat - like once every few months. Yum... What side are you on in this battle - pro or con?

MichaelTAdams said...

So I just spent some quality time over at "steve don't eat that", the man is twisted.

I PROMISE that I will put up a post about the bacon number thing. I have several items of proof. It will be great.

Attila The Mom said...

Dang. Now I'm hungry. LOL

Drowsey Monkey said...

I'm so gullable ... I'm craving it now.

Linda said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVKJpkq-wNo

Janet said...

there is NOTHING better than chocolate covered bacon. NOTHING! Sweet and salty goodness, come to mama!

piscesgrrl said...

I'm in the 'bacon doesn't love me' camp as well, but thanks for sending me off to read thesneeze.com - that was abosutely hiLARious!!!